sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer demands Besiktas to sign Man Utd star before transfer deadline day
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 19:25 26 Jan 2025 GMT

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer demands Besiktas to sign Man Utd star before transfer deadline day

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took over Besiktas earlier in the month.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

New Besiktas boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has reportedly told the club to sign a Manchester United star before the end of the transfer window.

After leaving Old Trafford back in 2021, Solskjaer returned to management earlier in the month when he was appointed new boss of Turkish Super Lig giants Besiktas.

The 51-year-old put pen to paper on an 18-month deal, becoming the club's new permanent manager since Dutchman Giovanni van Bronckhorst left in November.

A club statement read: "We believe Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will make significant contributions to our club, and we warmly welcome him to the Besiktas family, wishing him great success."

Advert

With just over a week left of the transfer window, it has been claimed that Solskjaer wants to add a United player to his squad.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer targeting Manchester United star before transfer deadline day

As reported by AS, the Norwegian wants to sign Red Devils midfielder Casemiro, who has been heavily linked with a move away from Old Trafford.

After a fine first season at United on the back of a reported £70 million move from Real Madrid, Casemiro has struggled over the past season.

As a result, the Brazilian found himself behind the likes of Manuel Ugarte and Toby Collyer in Ruben Amorim's pecking order.

The 32-year-old was linked with a move to Saudi Arabia during the summer transfer window but a move never materialised.

Since then, Casemiro has made 22 appearances across all competitions for United, scoring three goals.

Casemiro has been linked with a move away from Manchester United. Image: Getty
Casemiro has been linked with a move away from Manchester United. Image: Getty

What has Ruben Amorim said about Casemiro?

When asked about why Casemiro has seen less game time since he took over, Amorim said: "He has to be the characteristics and then I have to choose the player with characteristics that I see in the game. So it’s just that.

"I have to make some choices. I want to play a style of game that is sometimes different from other coaches and I have to choose based on that, that’s all."

United are back in action on Thursday night when they take on Romanian side FCSB in the UEFA Europa League at the National Arena.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Besiktas, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Manchester United, Football, Premier League

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Thomas Tuchel makes Kobbie Mainoo decision ahead of squad announcement as Adam Wharton spot 'in doubt'

    The England boss has been cutthroat in his squad, as one midfielder is set to miss out

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Harry Maguire left 'shocked' by England World Cup snub as Thomas Tuchel 'strongly considers' surprise call up

    Tuchel will name his 26-man England squad on Friday.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Xabi Alonso's response when asked about future of three Chelsea players on live TV

    New Chelsea boss Xabi Alonso discussed the situation of three players during an impromptu interview on live TV.

    Football
  • Mason Greenwood makes request to the media during first sit-down interview since leaving Man Utd for Marseille
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer makes ex-Man Utd player he coached his priority Besiktas signing
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could face Man Utd this season after ‘accepting’ first job since leaving Old Trafford
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sends clear message to Ruben Amorim and Man Utd after winning first Besiktas game