• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
 KSI set to fight Premier League winner in boxing match that nobody saw coming

Home> Boxing> Boxing News

Updated 13:15 18 Jan 2025 GMTPublished 12:04 18 Jan 2025 GMT

KSI set to fight Premier League winner in boxing match that nobody saw coming

Details on KSI's next opponent inside the ring have emerged, with an announcement due.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

KSI is set to fight a Premier League winner in his return to the ring, a shock report claims.

The Nightmare's last bout was his first career defeat against Tommy Fury back in October 2023, when he lost via unanimous decision in Manchester.

KSI has focused on the promotional aspect of his Misfits Boxing company since then but according to the Daily Mail, an announcement on his next opponent is thought to be imminent.

Advert

As per Mike Keegan, the 31-year-old is poised to take on former Chelsea and Manchester City star Wayne Bridge - with a date of March 29 should all contracts be signed.

Daily Mail sources refused to confirm that the 44-year-old is next in line for KSI but did acknowledge that the ex England international is one of the names in the mix.

Bridge, who had a high-profile bust-up with John Terry, would join fellow Premier League winner Danny Simpson in stepping into the ring under the Misfits umbrella.

Advert

Simpson, the right-back in Leicester City's fairytale title win in 2015/16, faced YouTuber Danny Aarons in Dublin back in August and even pledged to put his Premier League winners' medal on the line.

The two fought a split draw and both expressed interest in a rematch in the future.

Bridge, said to be in superb shape still, retired in 2014 after spells with Southampton, Chelsea, Fulham, City, West Ham, Sunderland, Brighton and Reading.

Wayne Bridge could be facing KSI in the near future. Image: Getty
Wayne Bridge could be facing KSI in the near future. Image: Getty

Advert

He has been in the ring before, taking on Made in Chelsea star Spencer Matthews in a charity contest back in 2018.

Bridge's teammates back his boxing ability

Back in October 2023, KSI appeared on Peter Crouch's podcast and the former Liverpool striker recommended Bridge as a possible fighter for Misfits.

Crouch told the Sidemen member: "You know, if you ever need someone to step in, I know someone in training all the time. So if you need someone last minute, Wayne Bridge."

Advert

Co-host Steve Sidwell also backed the 36-time England international, saying: "Can anyone beat the Bridge? He’s an animal."

KSI took the advice on board and replied: "If he is really about it then it would be great to have him on Misfits for sure."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: KSI, Premier League, Manchester City, Chelsea

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Advert

Advert

Advert

  • Darren Till offers new Tommy Fury conspiracy theory and brands him 'waste of space' after Conor McGregor tweet
  • Tommy Fury calls out Conor McGregor and fires shots at KSI and Logan Paul over £250,000,000 fight
  • Full list of bizarre rules in KSI and Speed's new Baller League featuring Ronaldinho and Luis Figo
  • Baller League salaries 'revealed' ahead of UK launch featuring KSI and John Terry

Choose your content:

a day ago
3 days ago
4 days ago
  • a day ago

    Image of Andy Ruiz's physique after not fighting in 11 months emerges and it's stunned boxing fans

    Andy Ruiz Jr. hasn't fought since his fight against Jarrell Miller last August.

    Boxing
  • 3 days ago

    Professional boxer, 37, found dead in hotel room hours after fight as police launch official investigation

    The 37-year-old professional boxer was discovered dead in his hotel room just hours after fighting in the USA.

    Boxing
  • 3 days ago

    Netflix warning issued to millions watching Katie Taylor vs Amanda Serrano

    Boxing fans have been warned they could face a hefty fine even if they have a Netflix subscription to watch the fight

    Boxing
  • 4 days ago

    Jake Paul makes Mike Tyson $1 million bet and legendary boxer agrees under one condition

    Jake Paul and Mike Tyson fought last year and the two have agreed on a new $1 million wager.

    Boxing