• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Ariel Helwani reveals 'conspiracy theory' he's heard about Tommy Fury and Jake Paul after Darren Till fight withdrawal

Home> Boxing> Boxing News

Published 13:49 11 Dec 2024 GMT

Ariel Helwani reveals 'conspiracy theory' he's heard about Tommy Fury and Jake Paul after Darren Till fight withdrawal

Ariel Helwani made his feelings clear on Tommy Fury's call out of Jake Paul following the Darren Till fight withdrawal.

Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Ariel Helwani says 'something is amiss' following Tommy Fury's call out of Jake Paul after cancelling his fight against Darren Till.

Fury was set to return to the ring against Till on January 18 at Manchester's Co-op Live.

But Fury pulled out of his scheduled contest following an explosive pre-fight press conference.

Advert

During the presser, the former UFC star threatened to use MMA moves in their boxing fight.

Till insists he's still competing on the Misfits Boxing event next month, with a former world champion boxer offering his services to salvage the card.

Fury, meanwhile, has taken to social media to call out Paul, who immediately fired back with a Molly Mae dig.

The proposed Fury vs. Paul rematch doesn't sit well with veteran combat sports reporter Helwani, who shared his thoughts on the call out and the Till withdrawal.

"Something is amiss," he said on The Ariel X Ade Show.

"Now all of a sudden you're talking about the Jake Paul fight and that was the first thing everyone was saying, 'he's got something else'."

Tommy Fury and Darren Till clash at a press conference. Image: Getty
Tommy Fury and Darren Till clash at a press conference. Image: Getty

Helwani continued by expressing his dissatisfaction at the proposed second meeting between Fury and Paul.

"I do not want to see that fight. We saw it once, it wasn't very good... I don't have great interest in seeing it again."

"I was actually more interested in the Darren Till fight," he added.

Helwani then questioned: "What is going on here?

"Then to add more to this conspiracy theory that there's something amiss, Jake Paul even tweets about the Tommy Fury situation."

Misfits Boxing or DAZN have yet to officially cancel Fury vs. Till amid intense speculation regarding the status of the bout.

Till, meanwhile, is looking to book his second professional boxing bout following his UFC departure, having made his debut in Dubai earlier this year.

Fury, on the other hand, hasn't fought since his controversial victory over KSI.

Featured Image Credit: Ariel Helwani/Getty

Topics: Boxing, Jake Paul, Tommy Fury, Darren Till, Ariel Helwani

Nasir Jabbar
Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar is a journalist at SPORTbible. He graduated from Bath Spa University with a BA in Media Communications. He's a combat sport aficionado and has contributed to MMA websites AddictedMMA and CagePotato. Nasir has covered some of the biggest fights, while interviewing the likes of Conor McGregor, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Darren Till. He's also an avid Bristol City fan.

X

@NasJabbar

Advert

Advert

Advert

  • Jake Paul fires back at Tommy Fury with savage dig about Molly-Mae Hague and claims he's being sued
  • Darren Till releases fresh statement after Tommy Fury fight cancellation as he reveals major change to bout
  • Darren Till sheds new light on what really happened with Tommy Fury fight cancellation and it changes everything
  • Tommy Fury confirms Darren Till fight is off for 'one simple reason' in strongly-worded statement

Choose your content:

8 mins ago
19 hours ago
a day ago
2 days ago
  • John Fury
    8 mins ago

    John Fury 'accepts' blockbuster fight on Tyson Fury undercard

    Big John Fury has confirmed he's ready to step into the ring for a massive fight.

    Boxing
  • Getty
    19 hours ago

    John Fury offers to fight two men at once and declares 'time is running out'

    John Fury called out two men after causing a scene at Tyson Fury's launch press conference.

    Boxing
  • Netflix
    a day ago

    Tyson Fury drops bombshell about his comeback fight against Makhmudov

    Tyson Fury made a huge revelation for his comeback fight at the launch press conference.

    Boxing
  • Getty
    2 days ago

    Mike Tyson to fight Floyd Mayweather with date and location confirmed

    Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather could be set for a meeting inside the ring.

    Boxing