sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Real Madrid plot shock bid for 'untouchable' Man City player after humiliating Barcelona defeat
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 11:48 14 Jan 2025 GMT

Real Madrid plot shock bid for 'untouchable' Man City player after humiliating Barcelona defeat

Real Madrid were thrashed by Barcelona in the Supercopa de Espana final on Sunday night.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Real Madrid have reportedly showed an interest in a Manchester City star after their dismal defeat by Barcelona.

On Sunday night, goals from Lamine Yamal, Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha and Alejandro Balde secured Barcelona a massive 5-2 win in the final of the Supercopa de Espana.

Speaking after the match, Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti was far from impressed with his team's display.

Advert

He said: "We have to look at the reality. We didn't defend well. We tried to press high and defend with a low block. They scored the goals easily, and we didn't work hard, collectively or individually."

With the January transfer window still open, it has now been claimed that Madrid could target a shock move for a City star.

Real Madrid eye shock move for Manchester City star

As reported by Caught Offside, Los Blancos could 'test the waters' with an offer for City winger Savinho.

The report stated: "Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain have sent scouts to watch the player in recent weeks, during the matches against Leicester City and West Ham.

"It’s understood that both clubs weren’t disappointed by what they saw, with Los Blancos set to make a shock move for the player this month as a result."

However, it has been suggested that City regard the player as 'untouchable'.

So far in the 24/25 season, Savinho has managed one goal and eight assists in 26 matches across all competitions.

Savinho has impressed since joining Manchester City in the summer. Image: Getty
Savinho has impressed since joining Manchester City in the summer. Image: Getty

Speaking recently, City boss Pep Guardiola explained why Savinho has been picked ahead of Jack Grealish.

He said: "As much as he looks at himself, he will see the competition and he has to compete. Savinho is in better shape and everything than Jack and that’s why I played Savinho. I want the Jack that won the treble? Yeah, I want it. But I try to be honest with myself for that.

"Against Everton he was brilliant and at Leicester he made the first goal and [Saturday] made a goal and two unbelievable assists, the second goal from the beginning, that is top. So that’s why he played. Savinho deserves [it]. He plays because he produces."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Real Madrid, Champions League, Manchester City, Pep Guardiola, Football

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
10 hours ago
11 hours ago
  • Liverpool FC/Getty
    7 hours ago

    ‘That’s never going to happen to me again’: Mo Salah’s darkest moment explained by fellow Liverpool legend

    This almost broke the Egyptian.

    Football
  • Eddie Keogh/Stringer/Getty
    8 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola praised after speaking about the one regret he's ‘hid deep inside for many years'

    The Manchester City man still thinks about it.

    Football
  • Getty
    10 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho ready to axe TEN Real Madrid players including unthinkable name

    Mourinho is willing to sanction the sales of a host of Real Madrid stars - with some more surprising inclusions than others.

    Football
  • Getty
    11 hours ago

    Man Utd 'close in' on £140m double transfer including player Michael Carrick 'specifically wants'

    Michael Carrick was officially unveiled as United's new permanent head coach on Friday, having signed a two-year contract.

    Football
  • Real Madrid dressing room has 'lost confidence' in one of Carlo Ancelotti's key players after Barcelona thrashing
  • Pep Guardiola to launch shock bid for former Man City player to rescue season with transfer no-one predicted
  • Liverpool 'submit £41m bid for Real Madrid star' immediately after Man Utd draw
  • Pep Guardiola names shock Man City player he regrets getting rid of after just one season