sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Sir Jim Ratcliffe could face FIFA sanctions amid potential Man Utd takeover
Home>Football
Published 11:41 9 Jun 2023 GMT+1

Sir Jim Ratcliffe could face FIFA sanctions amid potential Man Utd takeover

Ratcliffe is hoping to beat Sheikh Jassim to being the preferred bidder to buy United from the Glazer family.

Ryan Sidle

Ryan Sidle

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Sir Jim Ratcliffe's attention could be turned away from the Manchester United takeover and back to Nice as he faces potential FIFA sanctions.

The battle to pry United out of the cold alive hands of the Glazer family has dragged on for months and months and continues at an extremely slow speed.

It was during the World Cup that the much hated Americans announced they were looking for new investment into the club and potentially a full sale.

Since then Britain's richest man Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim from Qatar have gone through several rounds of bidding to become the preferred bidder.

Advert

The process could be really sped up on Friday with Sheikh Jassim putting in his fifth bid this week and giving the current owners till the end of the week to decide.

It had long been thought that childhood United fan Ratcliffe would be the preferred bidder as he is including giving the Glazers a minority share in his offer.

The 70-year-old and his company INEOS currently own Ligue 1 side Nice who are looking for a new manager this summer after Lucien Favre was sacked earlier in the year.

Their search for a new boss has taken them to Lorient manager Regis Le Bris, however their French rivals aren't happy with the approach and have called on FIFA to sanction Ratcliffe's team.

Regis Le Bris is wanted by Nice. Image: Alamy
Regis Le Bris is wanted by Nice. Image: Alamy

“After consultation with the board of directors, the vital forces of the club and its partners, FC Lorient has taken the decision not to release Regis Le Bris from his contract," the club said.

"FC Lorient has reminded OGC Nice in writing of its obligations to respect article 211 of the Administrative Regulations of the LFP.

"The club also plans to seize the LFP and Fifa to denounce the repeated practices of OGC Nice and request sanctions against the club."

Ratcliffe outside Old Trafford. Image: Alamy
Ratcliffe outside Old Trafford. Image: Alamy

Any takeover of United is taking a long whilst and is impacting the club's pans for the summer transfer window and their progress next season.

Jassim is said to be 'fed up' by everything going on and the process has been criticised by Gary Neville as the latest example of the Glazers poor running of the club.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Football, Manchester United, FIFA, Premier League, Nice, Ligue 1, France

Ryan Sidle
Ryan Sidle

Ryan is a journalist for SPORTbible with over eight years of experience. Passionate about all sports, he mainly covers football and F1 - Daniel Ricciardo once spent an entire interview referring to him as 'Ryan Gosling,' still his proudest moment.

X

@Sidler28

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Bernardo Silva has next club lined up after leaving Man City

    The Manchester City captain has two clubs desperate to sign him on a free transfer.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Tyson Fury preparing move to buy English football club with Zlatan Ibrahimovic

    The former boxing heavyweight champion is preparing his next big move.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Arsenal's Premier League trophy lift plans confirmed as Gunners celebrate historic triumph

    Arsenal have also made a decision on their kit for the special moment at Selhurst Park.

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    FIFA approve Iran's rare request for World Cup amid United States peace deal talks

    Iran's Mehdi Taj has confirmed how Iran's World Cup preparations will change drastically after the approval.

    Football
  • Rio Ferdinand blames Arsenal for Man City potentially winning a treble this season
  • Sheikh Jassim 'fed up' and 'frustrated' as Man Utd sale process branded a 'joke'
  • Sheikh Jassim drops new Man Utd offer and sets firm deadline
  • Sheikh Jassim submits 'enormous' final bid for Man Utd as full financial details revealed by journalist