sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Cristiano Ronaldo sends three-word warning after 'obscene gesture' ban ends
Home>Football>Saudi Pro League
Published 10:04 4 Mar 2024 GMT

Cristiano Ronaldo sends three-word warning after 'obscene gesture' ban ends

Cristiano Ronaldo is available for Al Nassr's fixture today.

Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Cristiano Ronaldo has sent a warning ahead of Al Nassr's game following the end of his ban.

Ronaldo was hit with a one-match ban and a fine for performing an 'obscene gesture' after being mocked by rival fans.

In Al Nassr's 3-2 victory over Al Shabab, Ronaldo was ruthlessly taunted by supporters in attendance at the Al Shabab FC Stadium.

Al Shabab fans chanted 'Messi' at Ronaldo throughout the game.

Advert

Ronaldo responded by gesturing towards the crowd, which quickly went viral on social media.

In a statement, the Portuguese said: "I respect all clubs.

"And the joy after the [game] expresses strength and victory, and it is not shameful. We are used to it in Europe."

As a result, the five-time Ballon d'Or winner missed his side's league fixture against Al Hazm last week.

Without the superstar forward's services, his team drew 4-4, with Al Hazm snatching a point in the 99th minute.

Talisca bagged a hat-trick while Sadio Mane scored in the 94th minute. Paulo Ricardo, however, scored right at the death to level proceedings.

Cristiano Ronaldo watches from the stands. Image: Getty
Cristiano Ronaldo watches from the stands. Image: Getty

But Ronaldo is available for Al Nassr's AFC Champions League clash against Al Ain today.

They travel to Al Ain for the first leg of their quarter-final tie.

And ahead of facing Al Ain, Ronaldo issued a message on social media on Sunday.

On X, he shared three pictures of him training, accompanied with the caption: "Ready for tomorrow."

The 39-year-old has an impressive 34 goals across all competitions to his name this season.

Ronaldo, who has won five Champions League titles in his legendary career, will look to add the AFC Champions League to his trophy haul.

He scored two of his side's three goals against Al Feiha in the previous round of the competition as he seeks to increase his goal tally in the cup.

Featured Image Credit: Saudi Pro League/X/@Ali_alabdallh

Topics: Cristiano Ronaldo, Al Nassr, Football

Nasir Jabbar
Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar is a journalist at SPORTbible. He graduated from Bath Spa University with a BA in Media Communications. He's a combat sport aficionado and has contributed to MMA websites AddictedMMA and CagePotato. Nasir has covered some of the biggest fights, while interviewing the likes of Conor McGregor, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Darren Till. He's also an avid Bristol City fan.

X

@NasJabbar

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

9 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    9 mins ago

    Celtic could be handed points deduction for next season as former official gives his take on situation

    A large number of Celtic fans invaded the pitch during their final game of the season against Hearts.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    European club 'refuse' to meet asking price for £34 million Arsenal star who hasn't played for the club for 755 days

    The player has not played for the Gunners since the 2023/24 campaign.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    BBC confirm pundit line-up for World Cup as 11 names missing

    Didier Drogba, Vincent Kompany and Rio Ferdinand among the pundits not working for BBC Sport this summer

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Liverpool consider U-turn to sack Arne Slot after Mo Salah comments, with FOUR replacements considered

    Liverpool hero Salah criticised the team's style of play after Aston Villa defeat, piling yet more pressure on Slot

    Football
  • Cristiano Ronaldo's reaction to Al Nassr fans chanting his name during suspension for 'obscene' gesture
  • Cristiano Ronaldo 'under investigation' for obscene gesture after Lionel Messi taunt
  • What is Cristiano Ronaldo's 2024 net worth and how much does he earn?