sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Jermaine Jenas 'will return to TV' after being handed 'career lifeline' following BBC sacking
Home>Football>Premier League
Updated 15:23 28 Aug 2024 GMT+1Published 15:01 28 Aug 2024 GMT+1

Jermaine Jenas 'will return to TV' after being handed 'career lifeline' following BBC sacking

A date has been set for his return.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Jermaine Jenas is expected to return to our TV screens after being given a 'career lifeline' by one of his employers, according to a new report.

The 41-year-old former Newcastle United midfielder, who presented The One Show and appeared on Match of the Day, has been taken off air from both primetime shows following complaints about workplace conduct.

The BBC claim issues involving digital communications such as texts were raised with the corporation a few weeks ago,

Jenas initially took part in an interview with talkSPORT and stated that he was 'not happy' with the circumstances behind his dismissal.

Advert

But on Friday evening, he took part in a lengthy interview with The Sun, in which he addressed the allegations and admitted he had sent 'inappropriate messages' to two female BBC colleagues.

He also confessed to lying to wife Ellie during a family holiday and taking a Zoom call with BBC bosses to discuss his messages.

Now, it has emerged that Jenas will be given a 'career lifeline' by TNT Sports following his sacking.

That's according to The Telegraph, who suggest the former England midfielder has not been banished from his freelance role on the sports channel and is expected to return to the airwaves later this season.

In fact, sources at TNT have told the publication that they expect Jenas to return following next month's international break, although a return date has not been set in stone.

Jenas has been known to appear as both a co-commentator and pundit on the channel. Back in December, he was also confirmed as the lead presenter of TNT Sports’ coverage of Formula E.

“The sport’s just so exciting," Jenas said about Formula E last year.

"I think when you just step into it, like I have, watching it from afar and seeing how it’s developed and how it is now and where it’s actually going. The buzz around the place has been electric.”

Image credit: Getty
Image credit: Getty

The report adds that TNT executives are expected to address the matter during next month's Premier League break. In addition, any further revelations of inappropriate behaviour by Jenas at the BBC would 'alter their position.'

SPORTbible has reached out to TNT Sports for comment.

Featured Image Credit: Getty Images

Topics: Premier League, Tottenham Hotspur, Newcastle United

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Mauricio Pochettino issues statement on Spurs return amid calls for Igor Tudor sacking
  • James Maddison says what no other Premier League player has dared to about VAR
  • Premier League Icon Broke Major I'm A Celeb Rule As TV Bosses Forced To Step In
  • Jose Mourinho Tipped for Managerial Return at Crisis Club Following Sacking

Choose your content:

24 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    24 mins ago

    Arsenal player 'open to leaving the club' after winning Premier League title

    The Arsenal star became a Premier League champion but could move on this summer.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Bombshell report into spygate scandal reveals 'disguise' used by Southampton

    More shocking details from Southampton's spying ahead of the play-off final have emerged.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Southampton players could take action against own club after being expelled from play-offs

    There could be further repercussions for Southampton after they were expelled from the Championship play-offs following the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Mikel Arteta picks first Arsenal signing after winning the Premier League

    The champions are moving quickly to retain a title they won just hours ago

    Football