sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Pep Guardiola has already said what he'll do if Man City are found guilty of 115 charges as new contract is confirmed
Home>Football>Football News>Man City
Updated 20:34 21 Nov 2024 GMTPublished 20:10 21 Nov 2024 GMT

Pep Guardiola has already said what he'll do if Man City are found guilty of 115 charges as new contract is confirmed

The City boss has signed a extension to his contract.

Ben McCrum

Ben McCrum

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Pep Guardiola has signed a new deal with Manchester City, having already confirmed exactly what he will do if the Premier League are found guilty of the 115 charges.

On Thursday night, City confirmed that the Catalan manager had penned a new two-year deal with the club, extending his stay until 2027.

Having joined the Manchester club in in July 2016, Guardiola's new deal will keep him at the Etihad for more than a decade.

And amid the announcement of his extension, the City boss's comments about what he will do if the Premier League champions are found guilty in the hearing for their 115 charges have resurfaced.

Advert

In February last year, City were charged with breaking the Premier League's financial fair play rules over a nine-year period between 2009 and until 2018.

And speaking after the details of the charges emerged, Guardiola confirmed that he would stay with the club even if City were found guilty and relegated to a lower division.

Speaking in August, Guardiola said: "At the moment we are innocent until it is proved we are guilty I know the people want it. I know, I feel it. I will wait. Wait and see it and after the sentence has been done we will come here and explain it.

"But absolutely I will not consider my future (if) it depends being here or being in League One. Absolutely. There is more chance to stay if we are in League One than if we were in the Champions League."

Therefore, while City fans will undoubtedly be happy by the news that the six-time Premier League winner was staying at the club, it does not provide any further insight into the potential result of the ongoing hearing into the FFP charges.

Pep Guardiola has won a total of 18 trophies with Manchester City. (Image: Getty)
Pep Guardiola has won a total of 18 trophies with Manchester City. (Image: Getty)

In the club statement announcing the extension, Guardiola said: “Manchester City means so much to me.

“This is my ninth season here; we have experienced so many amazing times together. I have a really special feeling for this football club.

“That is why I am so happy to be staying for another two more seasons.

“Thank you to everyone for continuing to trust and support me, it has always been an honour, a pleasure and a privilege to be here.

“Hopefully now we can add more trophies to the ones we have already won. That will be my focus.”

Featured Image Credit: Sky Sports/ Manchester City

Topics: Manchester City, Pep Guardiola, Premier League, Football, Transfer News

Ben McCrum
Ben McCrum

Ben is a sports journalist who specialises in football, Formula One and MMA. He has written for publications such as Manchester Evening News, WiganToday, Manchester World and beIN Sports. Throughout his career, he has interviewed top athletes including Gareth Southgate, Luke Littler, Tom Aspinall and Jenson Button.

X

@benmcc14

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    'We approached him' - Roberto Martinez reveals Premier League star refused Portugal call-up ahead of World Cup

    Roberto Martinez has revealed that the proposal to the player was unsuccessful.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Why Man City are set to pay Chelsea to replace Pep Guardiola with Enzo Maresca

    Manchester City have agreed a three-year deal with Enzo Maresca, who is set to replace Pep Guardiola.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Portugal announce final 26-man World Cup squad as two Premier League stars snubbed

    Roberto Martinez has announced his squad ahead of Portugal taking on DR Congo in their opening group match on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola next job odds: Shock favourite emerges as potential next move

    Guardiola is set to leave Man City

    Football
  • talkSPORT presenter reveals 'whisper' he's heard about Man City's 115 charges and final verdict
  • Man City to offer Erling Haaland astronomical 'mega' contract that's never been seen before in Premier League
  • Man City 115 charges hearing 'may be paused' as legal battle with Premier League takes new twist
  • Major development in Man City's 115 charges hearing with four Premier League rivals targeting compensation