sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Respected journalist reveals exact date when verdict on Man City's 115 charges could be announced
Home>Football>Football News>Man City
Updated 22:12 9 Dec 2024 GMTPublished 20:50 9 Dec 2024 GMT

Respected journalist reveals exact date when verdict on Man City's 115 charges could be announced

Manchester City are facing 115 charges for alleged breaches of Premier League rules.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Respected journalist Martyn Ziegler has given a major update on Manchester City's ongoing legal battle with the Premier League.

The reigning champions are currently facing more than 100 charges for allegedly breaching rules set out by the Premier League.

The charges relate to alleged breaches of financial rules, largely relating to the Premier League and spread across a nine-year period between 2009 and 2018.

Earlier on Monday afternoon, it was reported that the hearing into the case had concluded.

Advert

As reported by the Daily Mail, the closing arguments in a case with huge ramifications for English football were completed on Friday.

A three-man panel will now consider the evidence before delivering a verdict in the 'coming months'.

However, according to a report by The Times' journalist Ziegler, City could learn their fate as soon as the end of next month.

The report stated: "Manchester City could learn their fate over the charges for multiple alleged breaches of Premier League rules before the end of January — but legal experts think that any appeal will drag on until next season.

"The hearing into more than 100 alleged rule breaches over a 14-year period came to an end on Friday after nearly three months of legal argument at London’s International Dispute Resolution Centre."

It has also been suggested that the original 115 alleged breaches have now been increased to 130 - although this is said to be an error with the Premier League's reporting process at the time rather than any additional serious charges.

Manchester City are facing more than 100 alleged breaches of Premier League rules. Image: Getty
Manchester City are facing more than 100 alleged breaches of Premier League rules. Image: Getty

Since the charges were first announced in February of 2023, City have denied any wrongdoing.

Earlier in the year, City boss Pep Guardiola spoke about the case, he said: "I am sorry to say I always want to defend my club - especially in these modern days.

"It’s like everyone doesn’t expect us to be not just relegated, they want us to disappear off the face of the earth."

It has been claimed that City could face heavy points deduction or even relegation if found guilty of the more serious charges.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Manchester City, Pep Guardiola, Premier League

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

28 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    28 mins ago

    Thomas Tuchel makes Kobbie Mainoo decision ahead of squad announcement as Adam Wharton spot 'in doubt'

    The England boss has been cutthroat in his squad, as one midfielder is set to miss out

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Harry Maguire left 'shocked' by England World Cup snub as Thomas Tuchel 'strongly considers' surprise call up

    Tuchel will name his 26-man England squad on Friday.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Xabi Alonso's response when asked about future of three Chelsea players on live TV

    New Chelsea boss Xabi Alonso discussed the situation of three players during an impromptu interview on live TV.

    Football
  • Man City have secret weapon arriving in January transfer window who has been dubbed 'the next Lionel Messi'
  • Respected journalist responds to claims Man City's 115 FFP charges 'have been dropped'
  • Major development in Man City's 115 charges hearing emerges and rival Premier League clubs won't be happy
  • Decision over Man City's fate in 115 charges hearing moves step closer after bombshell update