• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Ballon d'Or executive releases strongly-worded statement amid shock claims about Vinicius Jr and Real Madrid

Home> Football> Football News

Updated 15:06 28 Oct 2024 GMTPublished 14:52 28 Oct 2024 GMT

Ballon d'Or executive releases strongly-worded statement amid shock claims about Vinicius Jr and Real Madrid

The Ballon d'Or have hit back following rumours.

Tom Jenkins

Tom Jenkins

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The Ballon d'Or executives have been forced to speak out as rumours that Vinicius Jr and Real Madrid won't be attending Monday's ceremony emerge.

The winner of the Ballon d’Or will be announced at the Theatre du Chatelet in Paris, France, with Vinicius Jr and Rodri the two favourites for the award.

It was previously speculated by MARCA that Madrid superstar Vinicius would win the the prestigious accolade, but recent reports from RMC Sport’s Fabrice Hawkins now claim the Brazilian will miss out.

He wrote on social media: “BREAKING. Vinicius Jr.'s entourage is now convinced that he will not be named Ballon d'Or. Everyone in Madrid has this feeling."

Advert

This news has since followed reports from transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano that Vini will now no longer be in attendance for Monday's awards.

He posted on X: “BREAKING: Vinicius Jr will NOT travel to Paris as Real Madrid know he will NOT win the Ballon d’Or.

“No one from Real Madrid will attend the ceremony. No Florentino Pérez, no Vini Jr, no Carlo Ancelotti, no Jude Bellingham.”

With Vini now seemingly out of contention, Manchester City's Rodri looks set to pick up the award according to reports.

However, Ballon d'Or executive, Marc Las, has hit back and claimed only two people know the winner of 2024's award.

"Only two people know the winner, me and the chief of France football. Anyone who says they know the winner or have a list is a liar," he told L'equipe.

Rodri- Getty
Rodri- Getty

We will not know for sure until the winner is announced tonight during what is billed as a star-studded event in the capital of France despite the absence of Real Madrid.

Speaking previously about the award , Rodri said: “A Spaniard deserves to win. Spanish football deserves a Ballon d’Or winner. Spain deserves to win a Ballon d’Or.”

Featured Image Credit: Getty
Tom Jenkins
Tom Jenkins

Tom Jenkins is a Social Editor and Journalist for SPORTBible. Specialises in Football and F1 but has experience covering a variety of sports such as MMA, Boxing and Cricket. Suffers weekly as an Evertonian.

X

@tomjenkns

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
13 hours ago
17 hours ago
18 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Robin van Persie speaks out after Raheem Sterling banned from Feyenoord training

    The former Chelsea man signed for the Dutch side after terminating his contract with the Premier League club earlier in February.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    13 hours ago

    EFL Boss Tears Into His Own Player And Says He Deserves Ban

    He slammed his "atrocious" performance.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    17 hours ago

    Former Man Utd Staff Member Opens Up On Explosive Fall Out With Roy Keane

    Keane has previously voiced his opinion on masseuses in football.

    Football
  • Getty
    18 hours ago

    Brooklyn Beckham's Brutal Reaction to Gordon Ramsay’s Comments About Family Feud

    Gordon Ramsay has become the latest to comment on Brooklyn Beckham's 'feud' with parents David and Victoria.

    Football
  • Shock club line up 'staggering world-record bid' for Vinicius Jr amid Real Madrid contract talks
  • Kylian Mbappe reignites Rodri feud after Vinicius Jr Ballon d'Or snub as things turn personal
  • Real Madrid hit with two-year Champions League sanction as UEFA release strongly-worded statement
  • Rivaldo snubbed Mo Salah and Vinicius Jr when naming two favourites to win 2025 Ballon d'Or