sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Pep Guardiola 'has held talks with Declan Rice over transfer' as Arsenal chances rated
Home>Football
Published 10:34 6 Jun 2023 GMT+1

Pep Guardiola 'has held talks with Declan Rice over transfer' as Arsenal chances rated

The City boss has reportedly spoken with Rice.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has held talks with West Ham star Declan Rice, according to a new report, but the midfielder is still most likely to sign for Arsenal.

Arsenal are still said to be at the forefront of the race for a player they have been chasing since January, it has been claimed.

The Gunners made Rice their primary target in January, with the Daily Mirror claiming in April that manager Mikel Arteta would open talks as soon as the season ends in an attempt to convince the 24-year-old to move to the Emirates Stadium.

West Ham's campaign will end almost two weeks after Arsenal's, with the Hammers contesting the Europa Conference League final against Fiorentina on Wednesday.

Advert

Rice has stated his only focus is on that final, as he looks to win the first trophy of his senior career.

But the saga over his future could begin in earnest after the clash in Prague, with Arsenal, Newcastle and Bayern Munich among the clubs linked with a move for the midfielder.

Guardiola 'holds talks' with Rice

According to The Guardian's Jacob Steinberg, Guardiola has spoken to Rice ahead of a potential move this summer. However, City are not seeking to replace star defensive midfielder Rodri.

Furthermore, it is claimed that interest from Newcastle is unlikely to result in a successful bid, while Chelsea's failure to qualify for European football is set to rule them out of the race, as well as the potential departure of Rice's friend Mason Mount.

The report adds, therefore, that Arsenal remain the 'cleanest choice' for both Rice and West Ham, with the Daily Mail previously claiming that the Gunners are willing to launch an initial bid of £90 million to sign the 24-year-old.

Arteta wants to sign Rice for his offensive qualities, as well as his defensive attributes - and the midfielder will hope to add silverware to his cabinet this month ahead of what could prove to be a defining summer in his career.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy / Chris Stading/Andrew Orchard sports photography/Alamy Live news / Michael Zemanek/Alamy Live News / AP Photo/Kirsty Wigglesworth

Topics: Pep Guardiola, Premier League, Declan Rice, Arsenal, Manchester City, Transfers, West Ham United, Mikel Arteta

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

a minute ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    a minute ago

    A list of players who have been left out of England's World Cup squad by the ruthless Thomas Tuchel

    Tuchel has made some difficult phone calls over the past 48 hours.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel makes Kobbie Mainoo decision ahead of squad announcement as Adam Wharton spot 'in doubt'

    The England boss has been cutthroat in his squad, as one midfielder is set to miss out

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • 'So impressed' - Pep Guardiola sends message after Man City secure historic win over Manchester United
  • Troy Deeney Calls Out Declan Rice for Comment in Interview After Arsenal Win
  • Declan Rice footage during Carabao Cup ceremony leaves Arsenal fans extremely worried
  • Wonderkid who was 'better than Declan Rice' at West Ham makes incredibly sad career announcement