sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Bernardo Silva Refuses To Answer Questions About Manchester City Future Amid Barcelona Links
Home>Football
Updated 08:41 10 Jun 2022 GMT+1Published 07:52 10 Jun 2022 GMT+1

Bernardo Silva Refuses To Answer Questions About Manchester City Future Amid Barcelona Links

Could Bernardo Silva be leaving Manchester City in the summer?

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester City star Bernardo Silva has cast doubt over his future at the club after refusing to answer a question about rumours linking him with a move to Barcelona. 

The Portuguese international starred for his country on Thursday night, providing two assists as goals from Joao Cancelo and Goncalo Guedes gave Portugal a comfortable 2-0 win over the Czech Republic in the Nations League. 

Silva has been a key component in Pep Guardiola’s City side as he played a vital role in helping the club win a fourth Premier League title in five years, scoring eight goals and provided four assists in 35 appearances. He was named in the PFA Team of the Season as a result of his performances over the course of the 21/22 campaign.

BREAKING: The PFA Premier League Team of the Year has been revealed! ✅🔒 #PFAawards pic.twitter.com/yzfmNf3bSe

— Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) June 9, 2022

But now, his future at the Etihad stadium looks to be up in the air, when asked after the game against the Czechs, Silva refused to rule out an exit amid interests from Barcelona.

As per Ojogo, Silva said: “Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer, because I'm at the service of the national team and super focused on the missing game. When the season is over, we'll soon see what happens.” 

Advert

Transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano also had his say on the matter, he said on Twitter: “No talks or bid yet, just interest - it’s not a possible deal for Barça as of now, only in case Frenkie de Jong will be sold.” 

Bernardo Silva on Barcelona interest: “Barça deal? Unfortunately, I cannot answer anything. When the season ends, we will see what happens”. 🇵🇹 #MCFC

No talks or bid yet, just interest - it’s not a possible deal for Barça as of now, only in case Frenkie de Jong will be sold.

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 9, 2022

It is likely that Barcelona are starting to draw up a list of replacements as they look to see if Dutch midfielder de Jong will be moved on, with Manchester United reportedly interested in making him the first signing in the Erik ten Hag era. 

Silva joined City from AS Monaco back in 2017 in a deal believed to be worth around £43.5 million, since then he has made 166 appearances for the club, scoring 29 times. 

Guardiola spoke about Silva in March after Brazilian legend Ze Roberto named him as the best player in Europe.

The City boss said: “I don't know if Bernardo is the best player in the world and I don't care. What I see is an incredibly nice guy. It is a joy to work with him.”

Pep Guardiola on Barcelona wanting to sign Bernardo Silva...

"They'll have a very hard time" 😅 pic.twitter.com/6zC1nRaywC

— Footy Accumulators (@FootyAccums) June 6, 2022

“He is an extraordinary player, absolutely.”

He added: “He is never going to win the Ballon d'Or because you have to be on social media, you have to not just win but score a lot of goals and Bernardo does not have that quality.”

“If one day it will happen I would love it, I would be happy for him like any other player that we have here that one day would win the Ballon d'Or. I would be more than grateful to experience that award with him. For me, as a manager, he can do everything.”

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Bernardo Silva, Manchester City, Barcelona, Football

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Man Utd 'close in' on £140m double transfer including player Michael Carrick 'specifically wants'

    Michael Carrick was officially unveiled as United's new permanent head coach on Friday, having signed a two-year contract.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Liverpool 'reach agreement' over first transfer of summer window

    The Reds are closing in on their first summer signing before the final weekend of the Premier League season.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Man City told potential date for long-awaited 115 charges verdict ahead of Pep Guardiola's exit

    Pep Guardiola's departure from Manchester City comes as the gavel bangs to deliver the verdict on Man City's 115 charges

    Football
  • Hayters
    3 hours ago

    Roberto De Zerbi gives his take on Cristian Romero missing Tottenham's final game of the season

    Romero will watch boyhood club Belgrano take on River Plate instead of Sunday's game in North London.

    Football
  • Bernardo Silva doesn't hold back as he picks apart Arsenal's season in no-nonsense interview
  • Bernardo Silva labelled 'salty' after comments following Man City's draw
  • Bernardo Silva Says Eric Dier Is 'Known for Diving' While Stood Next to Him
  • Manchester City CEO Ferran Soriano offers definitive answer on Bernardo Silva future