sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Moises Caicedo has already made his feelings clear over January transfer as Arsenal bid rejected
Home>Football
Published 13:38 27 Jan 2023 GMT

Moises Caicedo has already made his feelings clear over January transfer as Arsenal bid rejected

Arsenal have had a £60 million bid rejected for Moises Caicedo - but the player himself has already made his stance clear on his future.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Arsenal have reportedly had a £60 million bid rejected by Brighton for midfielder Moises Caicedo on Friday - but the player himself has already made his stance clear on his future.

Fabrizio Romano revealed that the Gunners had placed the bid on Friday morning, and it was swiftly turned down by the Seagulls.

It was reported last week that Brighton would accept no less than £100 million to sell the 21-year-old, with Arsenal's offer falling well short of that valuation.

The Athletic claim that, as far as Roberto De Zerbi's side are concerned, Caicedo is not for sale in January. Despite this, it is expected that the Gunners will submit a new bid for the player's services.

Advert

With four days to go in the transfer window, any deal would have to progress quickly, and it appears unlikely that the Ecuador international, who started all three of his nation's World Cup games in central midfield, will be going anywhere this month.

And the player himself has already given his view on any transfer.

Arsenal target Caicedo's view on potential transfer

Given the rumours linking him with a move away - Chelsea had a £55 million bid rejected for him earlier in the window - Caicedo addressed his future in an interview on Brighton's official website on Tuesday.

He said he remains fully focused on playing for the Seagulls, and attempts not to place any of that focus on transfer rumours.

Caicedo stated: "I'm focused on Brighton. I'm here, I'm focused on this club, so things from outside don't trouble me, nor does it take that focus away because I'm focused on only here.

"I only try to be focused on the club which opened the doors for me to be playing every week.

"I am here. I'm playing every day ... I handle the [speculation well]. You hear rumours here and there, but I only try to be focused on the club."

Caicedo slotted into Brighton's midfield at the beginning of the season following the departure of Yves Bissouma to Tottenham, and has since made 18 Premier League appearances.

Given his impressive displays, other clubs have stood up and taken notice - and it appears that interest in him is not going to go away quietly.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Arsenal, Premier League, Transfers, Brighton And Hove Albion

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

15 mins ago
22 mins ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    15 mins ago

    Pep Guardiola next job odds: Shock favourite emerges as potential next move

    Guardiola is set to leave Man City

    Football
  • Getty Images
    22 mins ago

    Lawyer reaches Man City 115 charges verdict after 'speaking to insiders'

    A football lawyer has suggested that life at Man City could take a turn for the worse with the 115 charges adding to the post-Guardiola woes

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Scotland announce 26-man squad for first World Cup in 28 years

    Scotland's squad for the World Cup has been confirmed.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    What Joao Pedro did for Brazil teammates who were picked in World Cup squad over him

    Joao Pedro was a surprise omission from Brazil's World Cup squad, with Neymar getting selected ahead of him.

    Football
  • Matheus Cunha has made his feelings clear on Carlos Baleba as Man Utd 'open talks' for Brighton star
  • Devastating reason why Chelsea starlet had contract terminated after two games with club
  • Arsenal Complete Transfer Months Before January Window Opens
  • Alexander Isak has made his feelings clear on Liverpool as 'record bid' transfer bombshell drops