sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
"The view at Arsenal..." - Ornstein drops major Caicedo update as "replacements" claim made
Home>Football
Published 13:34 30 Jan 2023 GMT

"The view at Arsenal..." - Ornstein drops major Caicedo update as "replacements" claim made

David Ornstein dropped a major Moises Caicedo update after Arsenal saw a second bid for the player rejected.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

David Ornstein dropped a major Moises Caicedo update, after Arsenal saw a second bid for the player rejected.

Brighton have rebuffed Arsenal’s second bid for Caicedo, thought to be in the region of £70million and told Mikel Arteta’s side the Ecuador international is not for sale.

Caicedo informed Brighton in an open letter of his desire to leave the south coast club, and has since been told to take time off until after Tuesday’s transfer deadline.

The Gunners are in the market for a new midfielder to consolidate their title challenge, with the club some five points clear at the top of the Premier League.

Advert

Indeed, the desire for reinforcements was sharpened after fringe midfielder Mohamed Elneny suffered a knee injury last week.

Ornstein’s Caicedo update

Ornstein, the Athletic’s transfer guru, claimed the Gunners are desperate to sign a midfielder in the next two days.

However, Brighton have been steadfast in their insistence Caicedo will remain at Brighton beyond Tuesday’s transfer deadline.

The Seagulls have allegedly dismissed Arsenal’s bids for Caicedo as “irrelevant”, having stressed the player is not for sale during dialogue between the two clubs.

However, Roberto De Zerbi’s side have allegedly been exploring potential replacements if Caicedo were to leave this window - a move merely thought be part of the recruitment process.

Ornstein claimed that Brighton consider the case closed for this market. Not only is the midfielder under contract until 2025, but there is an option to extend that by a further year.

Reputable transfer journalist Fabrizio Romano has given a very similar update on the 21-year-old’s future, insisting that Brighton “immediately” rejected the Gunners’ second approach for the youngster.

The Italian journalist claimed yesterday: "Understand Arsenal second bid for Moises Caicedo worth £70m fee with add ons included has been immediately rejected by Brighton tonight.

"Should Arsenal make a new proposal in the next 48 hours, it’d be a potential record fee for the club."

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Football, Transfers, Moises Caicedo, Brighton And Hove Albion, Arsenal, Fabrizio Romano

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
7 hours ago
  • Liverpool FC/Getty
    4 hours ago

    ‘That’s never going to happen to me again’: Mo Salah’s darkest moment explained by fellow Liverpool legend

    This almost broke the Egyptian.

    Football
  • Eddie Keogh/Stringer/Getty
    4 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola praised after speaking about the one regret he's ‘hid deep inside for many years'

    The Manchester City man still thinks about it.

    Football
  • Getty
    7 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho ready to axe TEN Real Madrid players including unthinkable name

    Mourinho is willing to sanction the sales of a host of Real Madrid stars - with some more surprising inclusions than others.

    Football
  • Getty
    7 hours ago

    Man Utd 'close in' on £140m double transfer including player Michael Carrick 'specifically wants'

    Michael Carrick was officially unveiled as United's new permanent head coach on Friday, having signed a two-year contract.

    Football
  • Arsenal set to hijack second Spurs transfer as David Ornstein drops major update in £52m pursuit
  • Fabrizio Romano drops Arsenal transfer bombshell and it could impact Man Utd's transfer plans as fans make same point
  • Fabrizio Romano provides major update on Martin Zubimendi after claims Real Madrid will 'hijack' Arsenal's deal
  • Ornstein drops major update on Caicedo's Arsenal move amid reports of Jorginho deal