sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Tottenham boss Antonio Conte has 'banished' FOUR senior players from his squad
Home>Football
Published 15:03 11 Aug 2022 GMT+1

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte has 'banished' FOUR senior players from his squad

The quartet have been told to train individually as the club looks for buyers.

Rory O'Callaghan

Rory O'Callaghan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Tottenham head coach Antonio Conte has reportedly banished four senior players from training as the club continues to look for buyers for the unwanted quartet.

Tanguy Ndombele, Giovani Lo Celso, Sergio Reguilon and Harry Winks have been separated from the rest of the squad and must train individually, according to the Evening Standard.

The four players have also been training at different times to the rest of the squad since the club's pre-season tour of South Korea.

Advert

Tottenham are trying to offload the quartet but there is an acceptance that their futures are unlikely to be resolved before the final week of the transfer window, which closes for Premier League clubs on September 1.

Ndombele, who was Tottenham's record signing before the arrival of Richarlison from Everton this summer, has failed to impress since joining Spurs in a £54m move from Lyon in 2019.

He was loaned back to the French club last season but the Ligue 1 side opted not take up an option to buy the player at the end of the campaign.

The Evening Standard claim Villarreal have shown an interest in the France international as well as fellow Spurs midfielder Lo Celso, who spent the second half of last season on loan at the Spanish club.

Harry Winks is one of four players reportedly 'banished' from Antonio Conte's squad (Image: Alamy)
Harry Winks is one of four players reportedly 'banished' from Antonio Conte's squad (Image: Alamy)

But Villarreal are yet to make a bid for either midfielder.

Fiorentina are also said to be interested in Lo Celso but both the Italian club and Villarreal would prefer a loan deal, while Tottenham are keen to offload the Argentina international on a permanent deal.

Spurs academy graduate Winks is reportedly being monitored by Valencia but there have been no bids so far for the England international, after Everton and Leicester cooled their interest in the midfielder earlier this summer.

Reguilon was linked with Sevilla earlier in the window but his hopes of returning to Spain were dashed when the La Liga side signed Alex Telles on loan from Manchester United instead.

Sergio Reguilon has also been told to train individually (Image: Alamy)
Sergio Reguilon has also been told to train individually (Image: Alamy)

However, Brighton have expressed an interest in signing the left-back as a replacement for fellow Spain international Marc Cucurella, who joined Chelsea in a £63m move last week.

Tottenham made a strong start to the new Premier League season under Conte, beating Southampton 4-1 in their opening game.

They next face London rivals Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Tottenham Hotspur, Harry Winks, Sergio Reguilon, Transfers, Antonio Conte, Premier League, Football

Rory O'Callaghan
Rory O'Callaghan

Rory O'Callaghan is Editorial Lead at SPORTbible. He has previously worked for Sky Sports News, MailOnline and Reach covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@rory_ocallaghan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

10 mins ago
25 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    10 mins ago

    Southampton take drastic action on Tonda Eckert after spygate scandal

    Southampton were expelled from the Championship play-off final

    Football
  • Getty
    25 mins ago

    Gabriel Magalhaes takes aim at viral Man City fan after winning Premier League

    Gabriel Magalhaes couldn't help but react on Instagram after becoming a Premier League champion on Tuesday night.

    Football
  • Getty & Instagram/@bukayosaka87
    an hour ago

    Bukayo Saka sends message directly to Arsenal rivals after winning Premier League

    Bukayo Saka addressed those who laughed at Arsenal after finally becoming a Premier League winner.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Two Arsenal players aren't guaranteed Premier League winners medal after title win

    Arsenal have won a first Premier League title in 22 years but two senior players haven't reached the required amount of appearances.

    Football
  • 'Send him back' - Tottenham told to terminate player's 'strange' deal amid relegation concerns
  • Tottenham learn devastating cost of Premier League relegation after Leeds draw
  • Antonio Conte Has Shown Kevin De Bruyne What Happens if He Doesn't Heed Warning
  • Antonio Conte Has Given Kevin De Bruyne List of Rules to Follow as Warning Issued