sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Conor McGregor claims he 'carried' Floyd Mayweather in first fight and will 'end' him in next one
Home>Boxing
Published 06:43 18 Oct 2022 GMT+1

Conor McGregor claims he 'carried' Floyd Mayweather in first fight and will 'end' him in next one

Mayweather has been much more open to the idea of a rematch than McGregor, however, it now seems the Notorious has had a change of heart.

Jayden Collins

Jayden Collins

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

UFC star Conor McGregor has claimed he ‘carried’ Floyd Mayweather in their mammoth boxing fight while also seemingly opening up the door for a rematch.

A massive $1.5 billion (AU$2.6b, £1.3b) would be on the table if it were to come to fruition.

Mayweather has been much more open to the idea of a rematch than McGregor, however, it now seems the Notorious has had a change of heart.

Although, he took a jab at Floyd at the same time.

Advert

PA Images / Alamy

McGregor insisted he would ‘end Floyd’ in the next fight in an interaction with newly-crowned undisputed middleweight champion Claressa Shields.

A fan had compared her accuracy and precision to that of Floyd’s, something McGregor took exception to.

The MMA star tweeted: “You’ve [Shields] way more venom than Floyd.

"I beat Floyd if we rematch. Untold truth it was me who carried him the early rounds playing pitty patty.

"Every single shot I threw early landed. From body to head I was playing ping pong.

"I come out full force, and today, I end Floyd."

Lol yes @FloydMayweather https://t.co/OhDMny3V48

— Claressa Gwoat Shields (@Claressashields) October 16, 2022

The pair locked horns in Las Vegas five years ago, where Mayweather went on to secure a tenth-round TKO victory.

McGregor made a good start to the bout but ultimately succumbed to fatigue.

A rematch has been on the cards between the pair for quite some time now, although negotiations have been slow.

It was revealed last week that Money’s team had been in talks with the Irishman about a huge double fight that would see the pair duke it out in both the boxing ring and the Octagon.

A source from Mayweather’s camp told The Sun: “Floyd is now in talks to step over into Octagon if the money is right.”

Adding: "If the deal is struck Floyd will remove the trademark TBE - The Best Ever - if he fails to beat Conor in both fights. That will be added to the contract.

"The boxing will be for official record. And the MMA match will also be for MMA official record.

"Right now they are looking for both fights to be carried out in 2023."

Floyd had confirmed that talks between himself and the Dublin native were happening about the next bout ahead of his exhibition fight with Japanese fighter Mikuru Asakura. 

He said: “I want to go out there this weekend and have fun.

"Then I have another exhibition Dubai in November and me and Conor McGregor in 2023.

"We don't know if it's going to be an exhibition of a real fight. But there's been talks of both. I would prefer an exhibition."

Featured Image Credit: WENN Rights Ltd / Alamy. Abaca Press / Alamy.

Topics: Boxing, MMA, UFC, Conor McGregor, Floyd Mayweather

Jayden Collins
Jayden Collins

Jayden Collins is a Journalist at SPORTbible. He has worked across multiple media platforms in areas such as sport, music, pop culture, entertainment and politics. He is part of the editorial team for LADbible Australia.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

3 hours ago
a day ago
2 days ago
  • Candice Ward/Stringer/Getty
    3 hours ago

    Floyd Mayweather aims staggering $175 million lawsuit alleging fraud at former associates

    This is crazy.

    Boxing
  • Getty
    a day ago

    Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua date revealed by Eddie Hearn in latest update

    The fight continues to be pushed back as both fighters are preparing for their respective warm-ups

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    2 days ago

    Venezuela Fury reacts to comments about £5million wedding gift package from parents Tyson and Paris

    Venezuela Fury has reacted to comments about the £5million wedding gift package from her parents Tyson and Paris.

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    2 days ago

    John Fury leaks details of furious phone call with Eddie Hall that started Tommy feud

    John Fury has detailed the phone call he had with Eddie Hall that started his feud with Tommy.

    Boxing
  • Nate Diaz explains the real reason he rejected Conor McGregor trilogy fight
  • Conor McGregor called out by UFC record holder that many think won't be broken
  • Conor McGregor comeback fight officially confirmed as UFC reveal full card details
  • 'Little insecure boys....' - Jake Paul slams UFC for Conor McGregor fight announcement